The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

From the Barefoot Files...


In just a few days it will be my mother in law's birthday. I am featuring a photo of her on the blog today. Last May I featured a photo of her with her Army nursing unit. Then last August there was a photo, perhaps taken by her father, featured on the blog.

Since my mother in law was a nurse, she has always been a great go-to source for medical advice over the years -- especially with the kids. Not only was she good at nursing and taking care of people (she took care of her own mother for a long time), she has given me some great recipes. In the cookbook, I have her mother's pound cake recipe. I have tried many pound cakes -- but that recipe makes the best cake!

She made quilts for all of her children and grandchildren -- Sunbonnet Sue pattern. She was always making some type of craft. We have Christmas decorations that she made for us -- a stuffed wreath and Christmas tree. She and my father in law made beautiful advent calendars for the grandchildren -- a wooden tree cut out that holds tiny cross-stitched ornaments. They also made the children small tabletop Christmas trees -- perfect miniatures to have in their rooms.


Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs