The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Christmas Tree & The Kodak



Our Christmas Tree is decorated with family photos. Photos of my great great grandparents and my husband's all the way up through to my children with their cousins. There are photos of old homeplaces that no longer exist. There are photos of family reunions. I have an extensive collection of old family photos. And I bought tons of small photo frames at local stores. I printed the photos to fit the framed I had and then hot glued a ribbon hanger. A couple years ago I created a listing of the photos -- a number on the back corresponds with a number on the list. The list tells everything I know about the photo -- who, where, what, when, etc. Some of them all I know is who. Every year I add a couple photos to the tree. So far this year I haven't printed any to add -- but I have a couple in mind.

I am writing this post for two reasons -- to share the idea of the tree and to talk about my new toy, the Kodak Zi8. Beginning today there is a new rule about blogs and products. Let me just say right now -- Kodak did not give this camcorder to me (how nice if they had!). Since I bought it -- I have sold two for them. When people see it -- see the quality of video, ease of use, etc. -- they want it. The video looks a little jerky (that's me) and a little pixely (I think that is the upload). The picture quality is really great. It takes video in 1080p and 720p.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs